Here is a list of activities for picking pumpkins, mazes, cider and more! Enjoy and have fun!
Derthick’s Corn Maze
DERTHICKS CORN MAZE & FARM EXPERIENCE, FALL FAMILY FUN
5182 State Route 82, Mantua, OH 44255
Donald A. Schuster Greenhouse
Starting September 19th through October 31st we will be offering fall themed activities, including hayrides, a petting zoo, a children’s “spooky” maze, and more.
8638 Murray Ridge Rd, Elyria, OH 44035
Hours: Open ⋅ Closes 7PM
Contact: (440) 322-0613
Donald A. Schuster Greenhouse Website
Lake Metroparks Farmpark Corn & Pumpkin Festival
Explore the 3-acre corn maze and enjoy the Showman’s Circle area, including a farm-themed playground and live animal demonstrations. Enjoy harvest-themed crafts and more.
8800 Euclid Chardon Rd., Kirtland, OH 44094
When: October 9-11 & 16-18, 2020
Contact: (440) 256-2122
Ma & Pa’s Horse Drawn Hay Rides & Fall Harvest
Come for a horse-drawn hayride through the woods. Pick a favorite pumpkin and paint a pumpkin while you’re there. Hayrides include a maple cookie. For the 2020 season, hayride reservations will be taken in advance.
15161 Main Market Rd. (Rt 422), Burton, OH 44021
When: Saturday-Sunday, September-October 2020 + NEOTA Day, October 9, 2020
Contact: (440) 548-5521
Ma & Pa’s Fall Harvest Website
Patterson Fruit Farm Activity Area
Play in the Farm Activity Area and take a wonderful nature hike through the ravines and hills of Geauga County.
8765 Mulberry Rd., Chesterland, OH 44026
When: Daily, September 12-November 1, 2020
Contact: (440) 729-9809
You will be amazed at what you’ll find at Pumpkinville! We have Pumpkins of all shapes and sizes, beautiful Mums, Apples, Fresh Cider and Corn Stalks too!
9337 Chillicothe Rd, Willoughby, OH 44094
Hours: Open ⋅ Closes 7PM
Phone: (440) 478-9861
Rockin-R-Ranch – Old West Pumpkin Fest
Bring the whole family to the best pumpkin patch and Fall Festival in Northeast Ohio. This is more than just the ordinary pumpkin patch… You’ll not want to miss out on this experience at Rockin R Ranch Old West Pumpkin Fest.
19066 East River Rd. (SR 252), Columbia Station, OH 44028
Looking for great ideas for your pumpkin carving? Check out this for Free Stencils available here:
Tips for Visiting a Pumpkin Patch
- Know how to pay. Do you need to buy tickets in advance? Does the farm accept credit cards? Visit the farms website (links provided) before you visit. This will save yourself an unexpected trip to the ATM. It’s always wise to bring along some cash with you too
- Most of the farms offer a wide variety of activities (Pick Your Own Pumpkins, Hayrides, Corn Mazes, Pedal Carts, Corn Cannons). Determine what you will and won’t be doing and let your kids know upfront what they can and can’t do.
- Choose Age Appropriate Activities You know your child’s interests and attention span best, so try to select the activities they will enjoy most.
- Be sure to check the weather and dress accordingly. Consider dressing in layers so you can add/remove items if you get too hot or cold. This is especially important if you are going to be staying into the evening. As the sun sets it will get colder. Remember to bring a jacket, hat and gloves.
- Wear shoes or boots you don’t mind getting dirty – It’s a farm so there will be mud in spots, especially throughout the corn mazes. Consider packing an extra pair of shoes for the car ride home and a plastic bag to put the dirty ones in.
- If you are planning to purchase pumpkins or other fall decorations, make sure there is plenty of room in your car trunk. That way, you won’t be left wondering how you are going to get your purchases home.